Red and Blue Class have had a great start to Spring, the weather has been what we predicted, “a bit of sunshine and a bit of rain.”
The children have been learning inside and outside with a range of activities;
- Investigating the mud kitchen – weighing, transferring from bowl to bowl, stirring, sieving, mixing etc
- Using Poddely to make transport – an aeroplane
- Planting seeds and writing their own label using their phonic knowledge
- Digging in the Gardening Patch – digging to Australia/finding lava/discovering potatoes
- Using our new range of technology – easi ears/phones/walkie talkies/remote control bugs
- Sorting by colour and size
- Making pictures with tap a shape
- Making our own phonic tiles
- Sorting by size, smallest to biggest, using colour acrobats
Our Adult led sessions have been
- learning how to make our own pop up books, following our visit from John O’Leary
- learning to add 2 groups together, thinking about the whole and the parts for example if the whole is 5 the parts could be 3/2, 4/1, 5/0, 2/3 etc
- thinking about spring, planting seeds and starting an investigation about do seeds really need sun, air, food and water to grow.
If you are looking for ways to support your child at home, you could be looking for signs of spring when you are out and about and perhaps buy a plant that the children can water and nurture to develop their understanding of growth and decay.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Miss Lewis and Mrs Barwin