We have had a great first week back at school. This week we have been;
- Learning about 3D shapes, including counting their faces, vertices and edges
- Learning about positional language, such as on, in, under, behind, next to…
- Learning about The Gunpowder Plot, making firework pictures by flicking or blowing paint
- Learning about Diwali, making Diva Lamps, Rangoli patterns and Stick Puppets from the story of Rama and Sita
- Thinking about Remembrance Sunday, making poppies and acknowledging the 2 minute silence in Assembly with Miss Cooper
This weekend, if you are out and about, please look out for 3D shapes and see if your child can name them. We have been learning about, cube, cuboid, cone, pyramid, sphere and cylinder. For example, a ball is a sphere, a tin of beans is a cylinder, a box of tissues might be a cube or cuboid etc.
We are starting our trips to the Care Home on Tuesday, if you haven’t seen the new series, Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds, we really would recommend it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Miss Lewis and Mrs Barwin