This week we are thinking about Anti Bullying Week, thinking about how we can make a change for the good of others. Today we have worn odd socks to celebrate that we are all different and different is good. We then had an Assembly to talk about “Change starts with us.” Thinking how we can make a difference to somebody else’s day. We played the videos from the Anti Bullying Alliance, which you can watch at home, they are useful for children and adults. We recapped what bullying is, how it is different to unkind or mean behaviour.
Yesterday we had a talk regarding Behaviour and Bullying from Karin Hutchinson for parents. We hope you found it useful. She shared her wealth of experience in this area, focussing on;
- Explaining what bullying is
- Teaching us the kindness virus for our children
- Explaining that all behaviour is communication
- Teaching us how to help our children to resolve their differences themselves (with our initial support)
- How to help build our children’s resilience and self esteem
- Protective behaviours for our children
Please do refer to our Behaviour Policy and Anti Bullying Policy on our website and do ask for help from any of the staff.