This week we have started our whole school focus on Dragons. We are breaking the topic down into chunks;
- We read Zog, by Julia Donaldson
- We closed our eyes and visualised a dragon
- We drew our dragon, that we had pictured in our heads
- We described and wrote about our dragons
- With our Learning Partner, we, made an Egg Box Dragon and painted it.
Next week, we are continuing to make our dragons, we will then read our focused book called The Egg Box Dragon, stopping at a certain point, the children will then write or draw what they think will happen in the story.
In addition, we had our Chinese Dragon Dance Workshop, which was great fun, next week we are learning about Chinese New Year.
Today we have played in the snow, working cooperatively to make a snowman, thinking about what we need for his arms, eyes and nose.
It’s been a very busy week, but great fun.
Have a lovely, hopefully, restful and warm weekend.
Mrs Barwin and Miss Lewis