Our Eco Ambassadors met with myself and Miss Lewis today to talk about Switch off fortnight.
We have agreed in school that to make a difference we can;
- turn off lights
- keep the heating set at 21 degrees
- turn off computers when we aren’t using them
In Assembly we discussed ways to switch off at home;
- putting on extra clothing before the heating
- turning off lights when we leave a room
- keep the heating to a maximum of 21 degrees
- share bath water when appropriate!
- turning off appliances, rather than leaving them on standby
- When technology is fully charged, turn them off
We learnt that it costs £80 per year for each appliance that is left on standby!