Cunningham Hill Infant School Newsletter – February 2019
UPDATE FROM MISS COOPER
The works on the school playground have begun. This has caused a lot of excitement with the children especially when the diggers were on site. It was lovely to see that Reception had based their learning. A few weeks ago we had a dancer in to provide a Chinese Dance workshop to all the children. They were memorised with what they were being taught and the end dancing was pretty impressive. Mrs Foulds led on E Safety day. This was on the 5th February. She provided a very informative assembly on how to stay safe online. Please click here for more information. On the 14th March ECP Ltd are coming into school to work with the children on keeping safe online. They will also be delivering parent/carer workshops. They will be at 9am or 6pm. I recommend all parents/carers to come along. Thank you to the CHISS PTA and the Junior School PTA for organising such a fun Quiz Night. It was an impressive turn out. I hope that you have an enjoyable half term and I look forward to welcoming you back to school on Monday 25th February at 8.50am.
All key dates are listed on the school website: www.cunninghaminfants.herts.sch.uk
- 25.2.19- School restarts at 8.50am
- 28.2.19- Year 2 History off the page
- 7.3.19- World Book Day- dress up as a book character
- 8.3.19- Whole school trip to Heartwood Forest
- 12.3.19- Visiting author – Jean Willis
- 14.3.19- Online Safety workshop for parents
- 15.3.19- CHISS PTA disco (Team games will take place at lunchtime)
- 18.3.19- NSPCC assembly- Speak out, Stay Safe
- 21.3.19- Learning with your child (by appointment only)
- 4.4.19- Spring Concert
- 5.4.19- End of term. School finishes at 1.15pm (own clothes, £1 donation)
Elsie-Rose is in the Golden book for her impressive reading and Rohan for his detailed traffic light.
Please click here for the school’s guidance for school uniform
Thank you to the many parents who have already made their voluntary class contributions. It is very much appreciated. Please continue to make your one single contribution of £5 each term (£15 for the year) to help cover expected costs for curriculum activities that require additional expense. Contributions can be paid via online PMX accounts.
Please consider the environment before printing this newsletter. All our school newsletters are now available online: www.cunninghaminfants.herts.sch.uk