In April 2013 the Government announced new funding to all state maintained schools to assist with the delivery, opportunity and availability of sport and PE. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Cunningham Hill Infants School we have been investing our funding into:
- Upskilling teachers through coaching from a specialist PE teacher from the local secondary school
- Playground equipment for use with all the children
- Supporting lunchtime supervisors and Year 6 pupils to lead games in the playgrounds.
- Hiring specialist coaches to support teachers in delivering effective PE lessons
- Purchasing additional bikes and scooters for use with all children
- Providing opportunities for swimming lessons with collaboration with the local secondary school
Click on the links below for more detailed information.